Re: Topband: Low Dipoles

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Low Dipoles
From: <sawyered@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2020 13:03:08 -0500
I have a "really low" NVIS dipole that is at 40ft elevation - ends at 20 ft.
I put it up for very local communication and to experiment with DX angles.

I have only found it to be "okay" at sunset to maybe 30 - 45 mins after,
where, at times, its equal to my 2 el T top phased array to EU.  Its NEVER
stronger to EU that I have seen so far.

I have observed it being 10db stronger during that same period than my omni
directional T vertical to stations about 500 miles out.  But within an hour,
it loses out to the vertical.

73

Ed  N1UR