Re: Topband: 160m Band opening phenomena

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m Band opening phenomena
From: Artek Manuals <Manuals@ArtekManuals.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 10:31:38 -0500
Here in Florida in the evenings we get a fairly consistent opening to Europe it begins about 1 hour BEFORE local Sunset (2215Z) , Peaks about 1/2 hour before Sunset and then all but dies out on most nights by 15min after official sunset. Later around 0200Z things slowly build back up till around local sunrise Europe. Last night during this opening I actually was seeing more EU' stations as I was NA?

Our sunrise opening is more traditional sunrise +/- 15 minutes to Asia and the Pacific Islands

Cant say what it was before since the last tme I was on 160 from Florida before 2019/2020 season was back in 1985-1990 time frame

Dave NR1DX