Re: Topband: Need Ideas For "Fusing" Beverages From Falling Trees

To: Randy <w9zr@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Need Ideas For "Fusing" Beverages From Falling Trees
From: Glenn kd0q <kd0q@traer.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2021 08:59:52 -0600
Hi Randy,

I have the same situation here and I use 20 GA solid hookup wire for the
"fuse" with about 10 turns wrapped around itself at the insulators.
Sometimes the wire breaks, sometimes it comes unwrapped.  I use butt splice
crimp connectors on the WD-1A at the "fuse" as they are quick and easy to
replace.  One size smaller wire might be good too but I haven't had to
splice the WD-1A yet.  We had a derecho here last August that basically
flattened my timber.  The WD-1A is still good but buried under countless
blown down trees.

73, Glenn KD0Q