Re: Topband: Oscillation in Narrow band tuned antenna.

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>, richard@karlquist.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Oscillation in Narrow band tuned antenna.
From: Jim Borowski <jim.gmforum@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 11:32:11 -0600
I think the word Oscillation was the wrong word to use. Usually it is noticable
and happens on 160m.  It is more like RF feeding back on a loop causing a high
SWR and you tune that out and the amp circuit putting out more power than
needed and amp starts to over heat. Bigger heat sinks may help, but it is a
patch not a fix.The fix is eliminate the RF loop, with. Common Mode Chokes on
interconnecting cables between the amp and driver or XCVR and auxiliary
equipment. Also eliminate Ground loops as well.Jim K9TFSent from my T-Mobile 4G
LTE Device