Topband: K9AY Loop Proximity to Structures

To: topband reflector <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: K9AY Loop Proximity to Structures
From: N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 09:26:08 -0500
When I put up my K9AY loop, it was convenient to do so at a location in my back yard where I already had a stub of tubing (from a defunct birdhouse) protruding above ground.  I didn't think about it before this, but that puts the northeast lobe to Europe going through my house at a distance of much less that 1/4 wavelength on 160. The house itself is pretty RF-quiet, and the antenna seems to work (using it to select one of two broadcast stations on the same frequency) but I'm wondering if it would be worth the effort to move it to a location where it has a clear shot to Europe

--
73, Pete N4ZR
web server at <http://beta.reversebeacon.net>.