Re: Topband: K9AY Loop Proximity to Structures

To: Tim Shoppa <tshoppa@gmail.com>, N4ZR <n4zr@comcast.net>, topBand List <topband@contesting.com>, Kees Nijdam <clnijdam@knid.nl>
Subject: Re: Topband: K9AY Loop Proximity to Structures
From: Mike Furrey <mikefurrey@att.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2021 17:27:39 +0000 (UTC)
 I had  the K9AY loop in my back yard at my old QTH in Spring, TX. I quickly
learned to orient the loop for noise reduction (had a noisy strip shopping
center about a half mile due east) rather than signal strength. The North loop
aimed through the house (about 20' from the house) but I could still hear
Europe better on the loop than the 160 inverted L. Just my observations.

73, Mike WA5POK
    On Sunday, January 24, 2021, 11:46:44 AM EST, Kees Nijdam