Re: Topband: Usable size of Flag antenna and FSM

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>, Jose Carlos Da Silva <n4is@comcast.net>, dan edwards <w5xz@att.net>, Jon Zaimes <jz73@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Usable size of Flag antenna and FSM
From: "John Harden, D.M.D." <jhdmd@bellsouth.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 17:30:26 -0500
Great information JC! I finally got my Hi-Z 8 up and running again after many
problems. It was and still is a great antenna for RX. I am now using the
upgraded preamp at the output of the array as designed by K7TJR.

In addition I have one of your Waller Flags on a 40 foot boom at about 95 feet.
It was pulled down last weekend so a new TIC Ring Rotor could be installed in
place of the old one. Two broken fiberglass loops have been replaced. It goes
back up tomorrow, 27 February. I think this one was #2 or #3 as I recall. Your
40 dB pre-amp really works great. It’s amazing what you can hear when
polarization is horizontal. It also excels on the Long Path.

73,

John, W4NU
K4JAG (1959 to 1998)

Sent from my iPhone