Re: Topband: Usable size of Flag antenna and FSM

To: <no3m@no3m.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Usable size of Flag antenna and FSM
From: <n4is@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2021 21:12:17 -0500
Hi Eric

Congratulations, wow!! Great work.

73's
JC
N4IS

-----Original Message-----
From: Topband <topband-bounces+n4is=comcast.net@contesting.com> On Behalf Of
Eric NO3M
Sent: Friday, February 26, 2021 6:44 PM
To: topband@contesting.com

Anti-phased double loops are also a good way to approach an RDF of 10dB on
2200m (137kHz).  1/2lambda is nearly 3600ft.... so broadside arrays and
beverages are usually a non-starter... close spaced end-fire vertical arrays
get very touchy (amplitude/phase).  A DHDL style system spanning about 350ft
works well here (quiet rural QTH):

http://no3m.net/2020/09/2200m-double-loop-receive-antenna/

The one I use is aimed west and hears VK4YB (and recently VK2AN) on 2200m most
mornings starting a couple of hours prior to sunrise (and at times has gone an
hour or more past sunrise).

- Eric NO3M