Topband: Looking for hi-Z antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Looking for hi-Z antenna
From: Richard Quick <rich.w4rq@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2021 08:07:11 -0500
I have as much of a compromised antenna for 160 as you can get.
A Butternut HF2V with a 160 coil, mounted on a chain link fence.
I have a small lot with overhead power lines across the back of the property,
and Am looking for a better idea.
I’m thinking a hi impedance feed point antenna ie:450 ohms would require a much
less extensive ground radial system than say, an inverted L with low impedance.
Easier to match a 450 Ground than 37 ohms.
Am I nuts?  Anyone with ideas along this line of thinking?

Rich - W4RQ Amateur Radio: The Original Social Media