Re: Topband: Screening Effect of Trees

To: "'Roger Kennedy'" <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Screening Effect of Trees
From: <n4is@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2021 15:28:07 -0400
Hi Roger

That is a very important question and the answer may surprise a lot of folks
on Topband. Kay KE4PT worked several years on Motorola simulation RF in
hollow bodies  for pagers and handheld close to the human body
Kai Siwiak KE4PT, QEX Editor. Kay prepared this presentation for our local
DX club.

https://qsl.net/k4fk/presentations/2018-May-02-KE4PT-LiveTrees-SFDXA.pdf

A Dipole 0.2 Wavelengths from a Tree looks like a 2-element Yagi on 30 MHz.
on 160m the F/B only 1 db.

Regards
JC
N4IS