Re: Topband: 160m CW Activity

To: Roger Kennedy <roger@wessexproductions.co.uk>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m CW Activity
From: GEORGE WALLNER <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2021 15:31:43 -0400
Last Wednesday night QRN on my TX antenna was fluctuating between -100 dBm and -80 dBm (as shown on the Flex 6700 + Maestro waterfall) and S9 to S9+10dB on the S meter. I was on the band and could copy only a few signals, and only when the noise dropped to -100 dBm. OK1CF was the only solid DX copy here, S9+10 dB, stood out like a beacon. Location: Near Eleuthera Island, Cape Eleuthera, 24 47 N, 76 25 W. It is probably much quieter at higher latitudes.
73,
George,
C6AGU/MM

On Sat, 3 Apr 2021 19:16:12 +0100