Topband: Unsubscribing

To: Topband Reflector <topband@contesting.com>
From: Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2021 09:52:04 +1200
Hi all,

It is with some sadness that I have to tell you that this will be my last post on Topband, after a presence of 24 years, including my activity as ZS5K.

My wife and I are relocating back to ZS1 so that she can be with her young family, and we are unlikely to be moving into a property from which Topband operations will be a pleasure. I have had 17 great years enjoying a good station with dedicated Rx antennas, and know that I would be frustrated with 'city lot' type operations.

Instead I am in the process of constructing microwave equipment, and have already had my first QSOs on 23 cm and 3 cm. I'm hoping that enjoyment of the weak signal propagation modes on those bands will replace the pleasure I've been fortunate enough to have operating on 160 m.

Thank you all for the great QSOs and good luck with your activities on the Gentlemen's Band.

73, Greg, ZL3IX, G3ZZI, ex ZS5K