Re: Topband: Inv L corner insulator

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Inv L corner insulator
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Sep 2021 01:13:20 -0700
On 9/26/2021 12:05 AM, Jim Monahan wrote:
On my property, I have an endless number of trees so
I try to use the largest trees which will sway less to
minimize stress on the installation.

This correctly considers the options available to each of us afforded by the details of our own real estate, whether a sprawling forest or meadow, or a suburban or urban lot. I had an urban lot, now I have a sprawling forest, and I've assisted several local hams in assessing their options and fitting practical antennas into them.

THAT'S what good engineering is all about! It's not about esoteric details of theoretical concepts, but rather applying fundamentals to our own individual problems and resources. What skyhooks are available, and how might we use them? Where might I locate RX antennas, and which types of RX antennas work well in those surroundings? (See W3LPL's excellent talks on this).

73, Jim K9YC