Re: Topband: Inv L corner insulator

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Inv L corner insulator
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2021 16:57:59 -0700
Place an engineer and mathematician on one goal line of a football
field with a comely cheerleader on the other goal line.  If you tell
the engineer and mathematician the can go to her but can only go half
the distance at a time, the mathematician will walk off the field
saying "I can't get there".  The engineer will walk toward the
cheerleader saying "I can get close enough!"

I first heard that story in EE school in the early '60s as an engineering student and math student at one end of a bar, the lovely young thing at the other, and after each drink could move half the distance between them. The engineering student got close enough for practical purposes.

73, Jim K9YC