Re: Topband: 10/28 morning conditions

To: David Raymond <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 10/28 morning conditions
From: List Mail <mail10@barefoothorse.com.au>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2021 07:10:36 +1100
I had to be afraid last night. Very afraid, to CQ!
We had severe thunderstorms across much of the Southeast of the country, and
the sky was being lit up almost constantly by lightning, at about the time I
would normally be looking for NA and JA. So I shut down, disconnected, and went
to bed.
The lightning passed, but the high winds and rain continued all night, and
power is out over much of the state. I had power here until just after I got up
(0600L), and had to put the generator on. All antennas seemed to be where I
left them, thankfully!
Severe weather continues across the state.
I’m off to the dentist this morning to get a couple of holes drilled in my head
(dental implants). Hopefully the roads will be clear. I expect to be on the
band again this evening.
73, Luke VK3HJ.

Sent from Mail for Windows

From: David Raymond
Steve/VE6WZ has it right. . .we all have to get on and not be afraid to
CQ.      73. . .Dave, W0FLS