Re: Topband: 160m today in DL

To: Andree DL8LAS <dl8las@aol.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 160m today in DL
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2021 10:04:55 -0500
Hello Andy,

I am sorry that I missed you, but I was busy with a 5 watt QRP 160 meter operating event last night.  I was way down on about 1.810 looking for weak 5 watt signals. I called "CQ FOX"and was answered by John G3PQA! I had to look at my RF output settings again to make sure I was really running 5 watts. When I switched to my Europe beverage, he was very loud and was hearing me very well, even with my QRP! I know that we have had some great QRP QSOs also, but they do not happen every day!  Yesterday was a good night for 160!

I closed up my VHF shack on the hill yesterday. It is difficult to use in winter with cold & snow. So now I have more time to spend on 160 meters!

73

Dave K1WHS