Re: Topband: 1:2 UNUN

To: Mike Furrey <mikefurrey@att.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: 1:2 UNUN
From: Kenneth Silverman <kenny.k2kw@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 21:28:44 -0500
Thanks for all the replies on and off the reflector.  My antenna, now a 90'
top loaded vertical with 60 x 100' radials, was not transmitting well.
While trying to fix it, I changed from an inverted L to the top loaded
configuration, and I stripped off the hairpin coil (1/4" copper tubing) and
the choke.  The antenna is working better, but it's likely due to the new
top loaded configuration rather than the hairpin/choke.  With the antenna
tuned without the hairpin, I thought it would be easier to put on an UNUN
rather than retuning the antenna and putting the hairpin back on, which
will lower the frequency.

73, and I hope to CU in the 160 CW contest in 2 weeks.  Kenny K2KW