Re: Topband: Cndx in the ARRL 160 Test.

To: "'GEORGE WALLNER'" <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Cndx in the ARRL 160 Test.
From: W3HKK@roadrunner.com
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 20:15:50 +0000
Looks like we have worked 32 times on all bands but 10-12m since 2008.
Ive lived at the retirement qth hr in Ohio since 2009. 3 acres but
essentially no trees. So a 52 ft mast supports the 160/80 INVL's . I
peaked out at 26 radials. when I noticed adding one more made no
difference in the swr. Need to coil them up during mowing season ( and
hang them from a small walnut tree til the next winter.) RX antenna is
a SAL30. The previous qth had a small lot but a 95 ft Buckeye tree
that was great for supporting my 160m 1/4 wave INV-L, with only three
radials.Thats when I learned I could work dx on TB!

Yes, two years ago I set a personal best/ into EU on 160 but last year
was a bummer by comparison in both 160 CW tests.

Did you operate in the ARRL 10m Test? I put in 14 hours cw/ssb, c.
182k points. Didnt work a C6 though.