Re: Topband: Sanity Check on K9AY Loop Sensitivity

To: "'Pete Smith N4ZR'" <pete.n4zr@gmail.com>, "'topband reflector'" <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Sanity Check on K9AY Loop Sensitivity
From: <ok1cf@atlas.cz>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2022 21:17:40 +0100
Hi Pete,

I also had problems with broadcast stations at my 4 EL bidirectional
(330°/150°) broadside K9AY arrays 84 meters apart uses three 0° hybrid
combiners.

The problem was solved by a Hi-Z amplifiers with operational IO AD8855ANZ
according to Steve VE6NZ in each of the K9AY Loop.

I don't use any impedance transformers anymore. The amplifiers are connected
directly to the K9AY antenna loops through a small capacitor.

Karel OK1CF