Re: Topband: Small Loop does not receive weak signal on 160m BOUVET RX S

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Small Loop does not receive weak signal on 160m BOUVET RX S
From: CEPitts <cpitts@ec.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2022 14:46:19 -0500
Interesting topic. Unfortunately no top band for me yet but I will get there someday, after bomb cyclones go away, LOL! Spring time-summer....whenever

While going through some qso/qsl maintenance today I ran across my 1990 3Y5X qsl card (One band confirm) and on the back of the card the ops listed their equipment at the time. Listed was the Butternut HF6V vertical. Not sure if it was their 160M antenna maybe others on the list may know. No mention of the receive antennas.

Also they were on the western side Bouvet...believe the upcoming operation will be on the lower southeast side

Also found the below link (hope it works) of their write up in Oct 1990 QST for those interested. From the looks of qso's totals it appears less then 2000 on topband....more like 1000-1500?

Wish the best to all going for a qso in the upcoming 3y operation if it happens next month.

https://www.dokufunk.org/upload/3y5x_qst.pdf

MCHNY and 73! Ed K5OF