Re: Topband: 1940 kHz Intruder

To: Frank W3LPL <donovanf@starpower.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: 1940 kHz Intruder
From: FRED BELGHAUS <fbelghaus@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2023 08:34:18 -0500
FWIW, there is a station local to me on 1940/2 = 970, WNYM, Hackensack, NJ
50Kw Day/5Kw Night, Coordinates: 40.9111 / -74.0283

There is another station on 970 NNE from here in Southbridge, MA (WESO),
1K day/21 W Night, Coordinates: 42.0664 / -71.9911

SEE: http://mesamike.org/radio/cdbs/amdb.mvc

Nowadays, most stations have no on-site transmitter engineers, only outside
contractors,
so the likelihood of technical issues occurring is great.

p.s. In my checkered past, I was once an engineer at the Hackensack station
50 years ago.

I can copy only a carrier on 1940 here, but too weak to analyze.  My 160
antenna has been down for years.
If anyone in the NYC metro area can tune in and advise that would be
helpful.

73,

Fred W2AAB