Re: Topband: spot

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: spot
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 13:30:57 -0800
On 1/9/2023 9:47 AM, Steve London wrote:
What kind of card checking is done for LoTW confirmations ?

There are, unfortunately, some inconsiderate hams who won't use LOTW. Thankfully, fewer as time goes by. When we were kids, the "final courtesy of a QSO" was a QSL, and postage was 2-3 cents. Now it's LOTW.

I'm chasing the FFMA award on 6M, and currently have about a dozen cards from rare grids to be checked, in addition to 5-6 cards for DXCC. That's three years worth. The storms caused me to cancel an end-of-year appointment with our card-checker, about 50 miles up the coast.

73, Jim K9YC