Rohn 25G with house bracket.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Rohn 25G with house bracket.
From: Gene.Smith@mailhost.bellhow.com (Gene Smith)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 10:21:20 -0400 (EDT)

I'm new to tower construction, in fact this will be
my first tower.  I'm considering 30 or 40 feet of Rohn
25G bracketed to my house at about 15'.  I'm trying
to figure out what size antenna I could have on
such a tower.

The Rohn manual gives antenna wind loading information
on 25G self-supporting towers with and without ice.
But for the bracketed information they don't have
any ice numbers.  Is there a standard formula to
apply to non-ice numbers to get the ice-numbers?
I'm in the Cleveland, OH area and we get freezing rain.

They also show a bracket elevation column with
two values: UPPER (FT) and LOWER (FT).  Does this
mean that a single bracket must be placed between
these values or that two separate brackets must
be used and placed at these values.  In the case of
a 40' tower the upper value is 30' and the lower is
15'.

I'm sure this will be trivial for the experienced
tower gurus so lay the info on me.

Thanks!!!