[BitBucket] Question: Vanity Calls

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [BitBucket] Question: Vanity Calls
From: wa2moe@doitnow.com (wa2moe@doitnow.com)
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 1996 17:15:18 -0700
At 04:39 PM 11/13/96 +2, you wrote:
>Sorry about this question, that may seem silly to most of you, but as
>I am Brasilian, I can't understand English very well at all the
>times.
>
>WHAT DOES VANITY CALLSIGN MEANS????
>

>Thanks ;')
____vanity call signs are those never issued or which belonged to hams who
did not renew or who died.  they generally are one by two and the extra
class hams in the US who didn't like their AF8zz or similar calls want W8DX
or the like.  They filed about a month ago at a bank in Pittsburgh and the
first calls were issued laasst week.  Thed applicants filed in person,
electronically or by mail with money and have been ecstatic or disappointed
since the results were known.
They forgot that they now need to order new qsl cards and auto license
plates (which are called vanity or ego plates) and usually have to make a
few other changes.
Comprende?  I don't.
73>

>Luiz Felipe Ceglia <felipe@pobox.com> <http://www.pobox.com/~felipe>
>[Po Box 92859 - Therezopolis-RJ - 25965-970 - Brasil] [Tel/Fax:+55-21-742-3113]
>HamCall: PY1NB (ex PU1WLF) AX.25: py1nb@py2ze.sp.bra.sa <<PGP key available
on finger>>
>-----
>Submissions:              bitbucket@primenet.com