ELECTRIC WINCH

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: ELECTRIC WINCH
From: WR34SHE@shellus.com (WR34SHE@shellus.com)
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 96 15:41:56 CST
FROM: SAM EFFINGER  K9SD
SUBJECT: ELECTRIC WINCH
I am looking for an electric winch to use in raising and lowering antennas.

While this seems simple it isn't. I can't find one that is commercially
available which will do what I need.

The parts are available from Granger to build one but I am
hoping someone will have some experience with this sort of thing.

Putting a motor on a hand winch isn't a simple job and I have been getting a
real education regarding this.

Note: while looking in the Grainger catalog I see Grainger part no. 1L570
which is a HDR-300 gear box with a 115vac motor...3000 in.lbs of torque..

Now this might solve a lot of rotation problems but you would have 115vac
on the tower...look it up and tell me what u think..I may be wrong..

                  K9SD