Hy gain antenna query.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Hy gain antenna query.
From: km9p@contesting.com (Bill Fisher KM9P)
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 1996 14:58:20 -0500 (EST)
On Fri, 13 Dec 1996, C. Logan Dietz (KE5FI) wrote:

> Melvin G. Brafford wrote:
> >
> > Next week I hope to get my first 105BA 5 element 10 meter beam up to 92' on
> > my WELL GUYED rohn 25G. My plan is to put another 105BA at the 62' level
> > and a third one at 32'. The one on top will be rotatible , but the other
> > two will have to be fixed for now. I plan to use a Dunestar stacking box to
> > feed the three ants, and run various combinations of stacking. The land
> > where this tower is sitting slopes steeply down to the NE and E, Making the
> > top ant seem about 150', so with this in mind I had planned to fix ant
> > 2..the one at 62' at 90

1.  Why monkey with a Dunestar box?  Coax is cheap man.  And a whole lot
more reliable.

2.  You don't need 3 different stacking positions.  You need all or top
only.  Easily done with coax.

3.  You might want to model your situation with TA.  On my hilltop the
program says as low as 22' is pretty darn good on 10M.  Don't be surprised
if at the top of the cycle every Wooly Buger Five is beating you with
their C3's at 30'.

73

Bill