Hy gain antenna-tork bal?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Hy gain antenna-tork bal?
From: aa7bg@3rivers.net (K7BG Matt Trott)
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 09:17:35 -0700 (MST)
>Third, I'd look at W6QHS' book at the imrovements in mechanical strength
>he suggests for the 105BA(CA).  With that many 105s, you might consider
>reinforcing them if your location has high winds.  W6QHS' book, The
>Physical Design of Yagi Antennas, is worth buying and reading even if
>you don't plan to reinforce the antennas.  I have reinforced my yagis
>per Dave's book (two 40-2CDs, 115CA, 205CA) and will reinforce the
>105CA, 115CA and 205CA that will go up next year, also..

Are any of you guys torque balancing the elements after converting? Maybe
that's the one down side if there is one. The elements on the 105bas were
balanced about the mast. With the CAS mods I beleive that is no longer the
case. Just wondering if ya'll are doing this? I have a torque comp element
on my 205 (waiting for warmer wx to pull it up the tower) but with the
varying confusion on this topic I'm wondering if I should take it off.

73, Matt--K7BG