Pro-57b

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Pro-57b
From: dwright@microagesf.com (Dave Wright)
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 14:40:08 -0800
Greetings all,

I put up a Mosley Pro-57b about a year ago, and am experiencing a slowly
climbing SWR on 10 & 15/17 meters.  At first it was fine except for a
slightly high SWR on 10, 1:8:1. On 15/17 it was fine @ 1:2:1. 12 & 20
meters are virtually flat @ 1:1:1.  (using 4 meters
rig/tuner/amp/mfj-249 and averaging.)

Now it's slowly climbing on 10- it's over 2:5:1 which precludes my usage
of the amp.  15 & 17 now seem to be following- From 1:2:1 up to 1:8:1
now.  The factory told me to check the length of the coax/shield "Y" at
the feedpoint and try making it shorter.

Before going through the hassle of lowering the yagi and making the
change, has anyone else experienced this sort of problem with the
Pro-57b ??   If so what was your solution?

I love the antenna, 85 confirmed in 1996.  But this is beginning to be
concern.

Thanks,

Dave - KB6JOX
dwright@microagesf.com