C3 vs the other brands

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: C3 vs the other brands
From: psoper@encore.com (Pete Soper)
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 1997 13:02:42 EST
The recent mention of Force antennas reminds me of a question that's
been rattling around for some time. I keep hearing the C3 referred to
as a set of monobanders sharing a single boom. There are six loaded elements
but no traps, so this appears to translate to three two element yagis
interlaced on a boom. How could these yagis possibly compete with the
other trapped yagi designs that have 4-5 active elements per band? What
am I missing?

Regards,
Pete
KS4XG