[TowerTalk] MFJ-259 Making Tuned Stubs?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] MFJ-259 Making Tuned Stubs?
From: km9p@akorn.net (Bill Fisher, N4VJ & K4AAA)
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 13:34:48 -0500 (EST)
1.  Dummy load (50 ohm)
2.  T-Connector
3.  Short piece of coax between T & dummy

Plug in your 1/4 wave piece in one side of the T and the dummy load in the
other.  The MFJ in the middle.  Short end and tune for minimum SWR at
operating frequency.  Generally I leave it open and tune for frequency X 2
which generally makes it easier to tell the center frequency.

73

Bill

On Thu, 20 Mar 1997, John O'Mara wrote:

> My Father owns one of MFJ-259s and I have had the opportunity to borrow it
> several times when working on my antennas.  I really enjoy using it.  I was
> wondering if anyone knows the steps to use this device to make tuned 1/4
> wave stubs.  I'm sure it can be done but I'm not sure about the process.
> Thanks, Jack W4NF
>

> --

Bill Fisher, N4VJ / K4AAA
http://www.contesting.com