[TowerTalk] Antenna Analyzer

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Antenna Analyzer
From: kk6t@joneslumber.com (Terry Dunlap)
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 13:41:53 -0500
While we are on the subject of antenna analyzers, let me pose this
question to the group.  I have owned a MFJ 249 for a couple of years
and have a problem with it.  From the time it is turned on, the
freq. counter begins to slowly decrease.  This occurs whether or not
an antenna is connected to the input.  For example, you may find the
resonant point of an antenna to be 14.050 mhz.  If you touch nothing and
come back in an hour, that freq. will have dropped to say 12.7 mhz.
The unit has been sent back to MFJ and they returned it saying that
nothing was wrong.  Opinions please.......

73 de Terry KK6T