[TowerTalk] Installing Coax Connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Installing Coax Connectors
From: wrt@eskimo.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 03:07:05 GMT
On the subject of soldering PL-259s, over the years I've tried many
different soldering irons, but the best one I've found is the good 'ol
Weller 250 watt soldering GUN (not iron).  The tip is exactly the
right size to solder the holes and the temperature is hot enough
without being too hot.  It goes from room temperature to soldering
temperature in about 5 seconds.  Be sure you get the 250 watt model,
not it's little brother 140 watter.

73, Bill W7TI
wrt@eskimo.com