[TowerTalk] EZNEC Model Repository

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] EZNEC Model Repository
From: cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu (L. B. Cebik)
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 07:30:54 -0500 (EST)
Have followed the interest in having a repository of EZNEC models of both
commercial and noncommercial beams.  There are, of course, two (now 3,
with EZNEC Pro) ways to handle this:  1.  UUencoded EZNEC input file
(decode and use immediately, 2. Print Description file (ASCII with manual
entry of data), and 3.  .NEC input file (usable with and producable by
EZNEC Pro 2 (NEC-2 and NEC-4 versions.

Although my own interests do not include comaprative reviews of modeling
figures for commercial beams (an easy way to make half the world mad on
Monday, and the other half on Tuesday), I would offer my Web pages as a
repository for PD files and, where available, .NEC files.  Anything I kept
there would also be available as a UUencoded .EZ file on request via
e-mail.

If this would be useful, any UUencoded file would be run through my
software to produce the required PD and .NEC files.  However, I would not
certify the accuracy of the models, especially with respect to element
bump, boom, and plate influences.

If someone has a better means of making such files available, by all means
grab it in lieu of this offer.  Before you send me a bunch of files,
please let's standby for other offers that may be superior.

-73-

LB, W4RNL

L. B. Cebik, W4RNL         /\  /\     *   /  /    /    (Off)(423) 974-7215
1434 High Mesa Drive      /  \/  \/\     ----/\---     (Hm) (423) 938-6335
Knoxville, Tennessee     /\   \   \ \   /  / || /      (FAX)(423) 974-3509
37938-4443     USA      /  \   \   \ \       ||              cebik@utk.edu