[TowerTalk] 70-ft Debris Radius?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 70-ft Debris Radius?
From: w7ni@teleport.com (Stan Griffiths)
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 05:19:23 -0700 (PDT)
>And what about trees?  Or doesn't anyone care about discrimination?
>If we could keep them away from the property lines they wouldn't
>absorb so much of our RF.
>
>                        73 Paul N4XM

Hi Paul,

In our negotiations for reasonable tower regulations, we pointed out how
much more dangerous trees are than towers.  If the County Commissioners and
tower opponents were REALLY interested in the danger of a falling tower,
they should be far more interested in the danger of a falling tree.  We have
lots of 100 foot Douglas Fir trees here and many higher than that up to 120
or 130 feet and they weigh TONS.  I have seen houses sliced completely in
two with a fir tree cutting clear to the foundation.  As you might guess,
the County Commissioners were not even slightly interested in tree danger . . .

Stan  w7ni@teleport.com