[TowerTalk] Knots for hams

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Knots for hams
From: AA4ZZ@aol.com (AA4ZZ@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 1997 15:11:42 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-04-19 10:50:25 EDT, K7LXC@aol.com writes:

<< Again, I agree, except I consider the following to be the minimum
 >  complement of knots for the tower worker: bowline, clove hitch, sheet
 >  bend, half hitch, figure eight, square knot. >>
I personally find the most useful knots are the taught line hitch (a variant
of the half hitch witch allows the line to be tightened after the knot has
been tied) and the surgeon's knot ( a varient of the square knot which is
easier to tie tightly).Both are old Boy Scout knots.I find these much
superior to the half hitch and sqare knot.

73 Paul AA4ZZ