[TowerTalk] tower height

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] tower height
From: K7SX@worldnet.att.net (David McPhie)
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 07:10:29 -0600
What is considered optimum height above ground for a tribander?  I know it
is affected by surrounding terrain, but assuming flat level surroundings,
and that the antenna will see the ground as ground, and not some rooftop,
whats the best height?

                Is there any consensus on this, Ive heard 80 ft , 105 ft, and
just plain
the higher the better.

 It seems to me that there must be sone   "node"  height   that has
demonstrated itself as beeing the most desireable within practicle limits.

Dave McPhie  K7SX    [doing alright with a 50 ft tower, but always dreaming]