[TowerTalk] 10m yagi separation

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 10m yagi separation
From: k1vr@juno.com (Fred Hopengarten)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 12:30:05 EDT
On Tue, 29 Apr 1997 00:32:57 -0400 (EDT) "Rich L. Boyd"
<rlboyd@CapAccess.org> writes:

>How far apart should a second (low, backup) 10M yagi be from the high
>one, horizontal separation between the towers?  Antenna one is at
>160'.
>Antenna two will be on a very low tower (for close-in stuff, Caribbean
>
>and U.S. and for those times the DX propagation is very high angle).
>I'm
>wondering if 150' or so is enough horizontal distance between the two
>towers or if I should try for more.
>
>73 - Rich Boyd, KE3Q

Rich:

        I'd think 150' (think of it in terms of wavelengths) is plenty.
The more important question is WHERE it is located.  Think of your big
stack as aimed on EU.  The most dramatic ratio from the stack is pbly
front to side, not front to back (which normally goes to hell in a
stack).  Ergo, low 10 meter antenna on a second tower should be SE of
stack.

Fred Hopengarten K1VR
Six Willarch Road, Lincoln, MA 01773-5105
617/259-0088
Lifetime e-mail address:  fhopengarten@mba1972.hbs.edu