[TowerTalk] 45vs.55G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 45vs.55G
From: tgstewart@pepco.com (tgstewart@pepco.com)
Date: Mon, 5 May 1997 07:55:35 -0400

---------------------- Forwarded by Tyler G Stewart/BENN/CEC on 05/05/97
07:45 AM ---------------------------

From: Tyler G Stewart on 05/05/97 07:54 AM

To:   K7SX@worldnet.att.net
cc:
Subject:  Re: [TowerTalk] 45vs.55G  (Document link not converted)

Not necessarily.  You could probably get away with 2 sets of guys instead
of 3, but check the Rohn Catalog for details.
If you are buying new tower, 55 is actually a better deal in that it is
significantly stronger than 45 and, last time I checked prices, it wasnt
that much more expensive, and you can delete the cost of one set of guys
(if my memory is correct) which may also help out if you are
stacking/side-mounting rotating antennas.  The only difference between 45
and 55 is the size of the vertical tubes.
GL finding used 55!  I've never seen it for sale used.

73, Tyler K3MM