[TowerTalk] First Post - Need Guru

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] First Post - Need Guru
From: n1qqv@cshore.com (Ken Freedman)
Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 12:15:45 -0400
Hello all,

     I have been offered a 20 year old HBX-70, that looks to be in pretty
good shape, for free.  The owner is moving, and will take it down.  All I
have to do is pick it up.

     My questions are:

1. Are there any bear traps here?  What kind of a record does this design
have?

2. Is installation/engineering data available on something this old?

3.  The owner tells me that he had a tri-bander on it, but right now there
are a couple of UHF/VHF yagis up there. (BIG ones) Would a tri-bander with
a 20 ft boom cause too much of a twisting moment at 8 sq ft?

     Many thanks to anyone who can shed some light on this subject.  Please
respond directly if (as I suspect) this is the kind of beginner's stuff
that has already been answered a zillion times on the reflector.

TNX and 73, Ken

Ken Freedman
AKA: N1QQV/QRP  VE, EC Madison CT, QRP-L
Living Proof That, "You don't have to be a blonde to be light headed!"