[TowerTalk] Ham-II control box meter bulb

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Ham-II control box meter bulb
From: grimm@alison.sbc.edu (Kenneth D. Grimm)
Date: Tue, 20 May 1997 08:02:16 -0400
Charlie Ocker wrote:

> Hey gang,
>
> Looking for a replacement meter bulb for my Ham-II control box.  Looks like a
> #47, but not sure.
>
> Tnx es 73,
>
> Charlie  N9CO   ocker@chasind.com

I coubt that it is a 6.3v bulb, Charlie.  I know that in the very early
rotors, like the AR-22 they did use bulbs of that size, but I'm pretty
sure that when they stopped putting the number of the bulb on the
schematic or in the parts list, they had gone to a higher voltage.  I
have one schematic for a Ham-M which shows two GE 1488 bulb ( 0.14A @ 14
volts) in series.  Unless someone who has the inside info provides us
with an answer, I guess the best thing to do would be to measure the AC
voltage across the secondary of the instrument transformer, or at least
across the lamp sockets, and then consult the back pages of the ARRL
handbook to come up with a reasonable replacement.

73,
Ken K4XL
grimm@alison.sbc.edu