[TowerTalk] new KLM paste

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] new KLM paste
From: w5ec@digitalexp.com (Hawkins, Bill)
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 20:12:05 -0500
At 11:32 AM 5/29/97 -0700, you wrote:
>In putting together some new-out-of-the-box KLM beams recently for W6EEN, I
>noticed that the conductive paste they now supply is different than before.
>I recall that their older stuff for many years was the coppery-looking stuff
>(which I never liked... in my experience it actually ENHANCED the corrosive
>process around the s.s. studs and aluminum straps, especially near
>saltwater).

A couple of months ago on another Noalox thread, I posted the same information.
I received a couple of replies that indicated they thought I was out of my mind.
What can I say. The kt34a quit working after about a year. I cleaned the
stuff off, used Noalox, and then ss screws. No problems since (4 or 5 years).
I live about 100 yards from Gulf of Mexico and salt affects EVERYTHING.
You should see all the arcing on the power line equipment at night after a
good south wind. Yep, it's a killer line noise. Pray for a rain.

Bill W5EC

  But in their recent kits their paste is a type I've never seen.