[TowerTalk] LM470 tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] LM470 tower
From: ftbrady@cosmoslink.net (Frank T. Brady)
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 1997 01:33:54 -0700
My thanks to Jim Rhodes KC0XU for the Texas Towers web URL:

Jim wrote:

>Price is some higher ($4439), but as you said-it is a heavier tower.

Jim, et al,

 Now that I've had a look at the TT Web Site, I don't feel that their
version of a 72' motorized crank up is any better than the LM470 at all.

 The TX472MDP seems to be identical to the LM470 as far as the tower weight
itself is concerned and the price - however, its' wind load rating at 50 mph
is 18sq ft where the LM470 is 30sq ft.

 The HDX572MDPL handles the same wind load as the LM470 (30 sq ft at 50mph),
but it costs a whopping $6779!  The $2100 difference is more than enough to
buy the remainder of my antenna system.

 I'm glad I investigated - now I'm more comfortable with my Tri-Ex choice
(unless someone can point out an error in my comparison).

 Thanks once again to KC0XU and this most helpful mail-list,
 Frank - W0ECS