[TowerTalk] Info on old tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Info on old tower
From: pbrush@ae-stl.com (Peter Brush)
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 1997 19:28:32 -0500
At 11:51 AM 7/1/97 +0100, you wrote:
>Yes, Advance Industries went defunct in the late 1980's.  One of the
>principles is now at American Tower and Structures in Sioux City, IA.  If I
>remeber correctly, they have access to the old Advance drawings and
>documentation.  Sorry I don't have their phone number handy at home.
>
>73 de Bill

>> I am searching for information on some triangular, 42" face angle-iron
>> tower I have that I am told was manufactured by a company called Advance
>> Tower of Sioux City, Iowa. The company seems to be defunct.

Thanks for the info, Bill. I spoke with Jerry Anders with American Towers,
and he believes I don't have American Tower steel after all. He thought it
sounded like a Grasis tower and suggested I call Tower Technologies. I
spoke with them and an engineer there said it was not a Grasis either,
sounded to them like either an Ensco or a Tower Construction Co. "TCC"
tower. I believe it is probably a TCC tower, as he described the legs on a
TCC as a rolled steel,angular cross section of 2"x1"x2" by 3/16" thickness,
almost a rough "U" shape, with 1" flat-iron x-braces and 1" angle iron
horizontals.

The bad news is, apparently TCC has been out of business for along time and
I will have to start my search anew. I am going to make up a set of
sketches with the cross-section of the structural members in the hope that
i can 're-identify' what I have. Does this tower sound familiar to you ?

73, Peter Brush, St Louis, MO