[TowerTalk] 40M interference

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 40M interference
From: jim.flanders@aag.com (Flanders, Jim)
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 1997 10:05:36 -0500
Dave:
  You are ever so correct.  Some of the RS Sales people will actually
tell you the that the regulation is not
adequate.  At one time it was in one of the Store Managers Training
Manuals.  The new 4 amp model is
supposed to correct for this, if it doesn't send it back.  The 1 amp
model not only has bad regulation, but also
bad filtering.  It's about useless for anything but charging batteries.

BTW - A point of a recent experience.  I was in a rush for a quick mast
so I went to Radio Shack and bought
the 38' push up.  Along came a wicked thunderstorm with 70+ straight
winds and it is now a 20' high inverted U.
The Rohn push-up mast from Texas Towers is 10' higher, less than $10
more, and a lot sturdier.

Jim W0OOG/5