[TowerTalk] 160 antenna

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160 antenna
From: edwoods@pbsac01.isp.PacBell.COM (Woods, Eric D (edwoods))
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 16:39:00 -0700
Hi Mike:

Put out some radials from your tower and then use your tower for a 160M
radiator.  For a match, use a conductor (different people use different
wires or cables) from the top of you tower to a capacitor ( HV spacing -
variable , at first) then to the center conductor of your coax.  Radial
grounded to the tower, shield of coax grounded to tower.

The match conductor should be spaced about a foot from the tower down to the
bottom, where the cap  is.  Playing around with the cap value and the
spacing of the vertical conductor will affect your swr.  Oh yeah, the
vertical conductor is electrically connected to the top of the tower by a
pipe or cross-arm of some sort.

Receive wise, a loop 10 feet in Dia. as shown in the handbooks is cool!  You
will probably need a few tens of db of pre-amp though.

Beats climbing trees!

Eric, K6GV
edwoods@pacbell.com