[TowerTalk] 160 antenna -Reply

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 160 antenna -Reply
From: James.E.Brown@LRD03.usace.army.mil (James.E.Brown@LRD03.usace.army.mil)
Date: 22 Jul 1997 12:07:58 Z
By far the easiest, and one that works OK for me, is the "1/2 Sloper".
Use about 125' of wire (may as well be insulated wire).  Attach to
tower as far up as is practical with an insulator and very short piece
of support line.  Attach the other end to a tree with support line at
least 10' off the ground.  Run coax up the tower and attach center
conductor to the wire and the coax braid to the tower using a SS
hose clamp.  Waterproof joints and the end of the coax well.  All
done.  The wire may be trimmed (or added to) if you want a flat SWR
at a certain freq.

Jim    W4LC

>>> Fatchett.Mike@tci.com 07/21/97 09:44pm >>>
Let me add some to my request for quick and easy 160m antennas.

I do have an 80 foot tower and trees.  The station is on 4 acres.  The
dipole would probably be the easiest if I had trees in the right places.

antennas for consideration at this point are:

Sloper
Vert with T hat suspended from tower
Inv L

Mike