[TowerTalk] "Coax Break-In".. Applauded!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] "Coax Break-In".. Applauded!
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 1997 11:59:39 -0400
Hi Dale,

Annual rotation of elements is truly ridiculous and wastefull.  Around
here we take preventive maintanence seriously.  We have opted for
keeping the same elements on the boom and merely rotate them 60-degrees
every four months. That way the bird droppings get evenly distributed
and it reduces the metal fatigue factor on just one side of the tubing.

We've also noted that birds are able to get a better grip on the
elements with the "new traction enhancing" whereas before the sight of
birds slipping on the shiny uncoated elements brought a new
entertainment spectacle to the neighborhood.

Roger, K2JAS