[TowerTalk] RE: 6db per s-unit?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: 6db per s-unit?
From: rmccarty@deltanet.com (Roger A. McCarty)
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 19:29:18 -0700
ROBERT WANDERER wrote:

 and said if you didn't
> mind losing 3dB (hey, it's half the power but only 1/2 of a "S" unit)
> go for it.
> 73, Bob AA0CY

 Can someone refer me to an empirical source where 1 S-Unit = 6DB? I
mentioned this in an off the cuff manner one day, to a person who has
dedicated his Amateur Radio focus to the technical side of Radio, and he
challenged me ie, "Where did you hear that?" I couldn't answer him. I
have maintained as fact 1 S-Unit = 6 DB my entire life, but I cannot
find a technical source to confirm. Any help?

Roger KD6CC