[TowerTalk] unbelievable tower page !

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] unbelievable tower page !
From: alsopb@vance.net (alsopb@vance.net)
Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 12:07:08 -0500
TW>This morning while using Alta Vista to search on the web, I found a very
TW>interesting story with pictures and mpeg movies, dealing with ethical issues
TW>of engineers and erecting a tower.

TW>Everyone should check this url out! The pictures are incredible !!

TW>http://ethics.tamu.edu/ethics/tvtower/tv3.htm

TW>Glad I wasn't under that sucker when it fell!!!!

TW>Scott
TW>KA1CLX

What ethical issues?

If tower riggers and the design engineers in this case should be held
under the "ethical microscope" then perhaps consider the examining the
following:

1) Airline pilots
2) Ship captains
3) Race car drivers
4) everybody who does anything except sleep in a padded cell all day

and last but not least : Politicians

In the scheme of things I'd consider politicians (and all the wars they
have started) to be
a millionfold more unethical than any of the above-- in fact compared to
any occupation I
can think of.

The public can't get it through its thick head that everything involves
some risk and risk cannot ever be reduced to zero.   It appears to me
that the erection company took reasoned and prudent risks.
Unfortunately, the risk was not zero.

My two cents.

de K3KO

TW>--