[TowerTalk] Installing Dead Ends

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Installing Dead Ends
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 1997 10:50:55 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-09-03 06:49:01 EDT, n4kg@juno.com writes:

> Before installing on the small insulators, I   < reform > the radius
>  by  making a couple of twists, lay the round end on a piece of wood,
>  holding the twisted ends, and applying a few taps from a rubber mallet.

    If you're referring to installing Preformed grips around insulators, I
think the factory would DISCOURAGE you from performing the above operation.

   There are two crossover marks on Preform grips. The first (closest to the
end loop) is for normal 'on wire' application. The second set of crossover
marks is to be used when using insulators. This is to maintain the turning
radius and strength without subjecting the  grip to unnecessary strain
angles. (This would happen if you use insulators and the first crossover
mark.)

     Contrary to their seemingly simple appearance, the Preformed grips are
precision pieces of hardware. Proper use to factory specs is encouraged and
any field modifications are strongly discouraged.

73,  Steve   K7LXC

     TOWER TECH -- professional tower supplies for amateurs